These Oatmeal Carmelitas are the best ever! An oatmeal cookie base with a thick layer of caramel, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. You’re going to be hooked after one bite!
- 50 Caramels, unwrapped (*I use Kraft)
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the quick oats, flour, brown sugar, butter and baking soda. Stir until combined. Set aside a heaping 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and press the remaining mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, place the caramels in medium size saucepan, add half-n-half and cook on low heat, stir until melted and smooth. Set aside. (*Or you can melt them in the microwave for 1 minute, stir well and then cook in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.)
- Remove pan from oven and immediately pour caramel mixture evenly over base. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Sprinkle reserved oatmeal mixture evenly over chips. Bake for an additional 14-16 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal, caramel, chocolate chips, bars, butterscotch chips, dessert