- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 12 oz. chocolate chips (semi or milk, I use both)
- Combine butter and sugars and beat until light and fluffy (about 3-4minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour and mix until just combined. Add oatmeal and continue mixing until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop onto lined cookie sheet and press down just slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake at 350 for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and let set on cookie sheets for about 3-4 minutes. Do not over bake!
- Make sure you cream your butter and sugars for the 3 to 4 minutes You really want it light and fluffy.
- DO NOT over bake them!! They will still look slightly under baked when you take them out of the oven. This is exactly what you want.
- I like to use a combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips. I highly recommend you use the Guittard milk chocolate chips in the silver bag. I love how big they are. They make these cookies amazing!
- Category: Cookies