These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie Bars are loaded with oats, chocolate chips and mini M&Ms. They’re so simple to make and are absolutely delicious! Perfect for summer BBQs, picnics, potlucks or any occasion.
You can totally blame these cookies on the rain that dumped here yesterday. It was a torrential downpour which left me with nothing to do except bake. I wasn’t about to go out in it, I might have been washed away, so I stayed in and baked these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie Bars. Pretty good decision if you ask me.
In case you didn’t know, I kind of have a thing for mini M&M’s. I’ve been putting them in a lot of things lately like these M&M Caramel Pretzel Cookies and these M&M Chocolate Chip Monster Cookies (which by the way happen to be long-standing favorite in our house). I’ve always loved M&M’s and we know I love cookies so it’s kind of a no-brainer that I would love the two together.
These bars are so good. Packed with oatmeal and loaded with chocolate chips and mini M&M’s they will satisfy any cookie craving. You really should try these.
I like to bake mine so they still looked underbaked in the middle. After they cool they’re still soft and chewy in the center with slightly crispy edges. But feel free to bake them longer if you’d like. Keep in mind everyone’s ovens are different so watch them carefully.
I think there is more rain in the forecast for today and all I have to say is bring it on Mother Nature because good things happen in my kitchen when it’s yucky outside!Print
A chocolatey, gooey oatmeal bar cookie packed with chocolate chips and mini M&M’s.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 9×13 pan. (I like to line mine with foil and then spray it, but it’s not necessary)
- Beat together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix on low until combined and then add mini M&M’s and stir in by hand, gently.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 25-27 minutes or until edges just BARELY begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars. (I like to cut into them when they are still slightly warm . . . .yum!)
Recipe Source: Adapted from King Arthur Flour