Ugh. . . .how did it get to be August already?
My husband’s birthday is in two days and I don’t have a single clue about what I’m going to get him. I’m pretty sure I was in this same predicament last year. I guess I’ll be doing some shopping today.
We all know how much I love cookie dough and cookies. I will never, ever get tired of making and/or eating cookie dough/cookies. I made these oatmeal chocolate chip M&M cookies the other day and they were so yummy. These are chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside, exactly how I love my cookies!
I totally ate way too much dough and then ate way too many cookies, I just couldn’t help myself. Then, to make things even worse, I came home from the gym the next morning and had one for breakfast. I guess I figured I fix myself a bowl of oatmeal, or eat an oatmeal cookie . . . I chose the latter. I have serious cookie problems.
I love the mini M&M’s. I just think they are so dang cute. Feel free to use regular size M&M’s though, either will work fine.
Happy Friday and I hope you have a great weekend.
Delicious oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and M&M’s. You won’t be able to stop at just one.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips ((I use half milk, half semi-sweet))
- 1 1/2 cups mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shortening and sugars and beat until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and continue mixing until smooth and well combined. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and oatmeal. Mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Using cookie scoop, drop onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are just barely golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.