Super easy and super delicious, these one-pan chicken burrito bowls will become a favorite!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of uncooked extra-long grain rice
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained (I used petite diced)
- 1 15- oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 2 cups of colby jack, monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and pepper
- freshly diced tomatoes
- sour cream
- In a 12-inch nonstick skilled, sauté onions in 2 tablespoon of olive oil until they start to soften.
- Season diced chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook over medium high heat until chicken has started to brown.
- Move chicken to one side of pan, in the other side of the pan add an additional tablespoon of olive oil and sauté uncooked rice for about 2 minutes or just until some grains start to turn golden brown.
- Stir in black beans, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, salsa verde and garlic powder, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook about 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle with cheese, recover and let set for 2-3 off heat to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream and avocados
- Category: Chicken/Poultry