I’m sure you’re all wondering why in the heck I’m sharing a jell-o recipe.
You’re probably thinking jell-0 schmell-o?! Ugh, what is she thinking.
I’m here to say, please don’t judge me. . . at least not until you’ve tried this. And if you don’t love it like we did, then please forgive me, not all taste buds are alike!
This jell-o is knock ’em out of the park good. . . seriously it is. It’s kind of more like you’re eating dessert. The comments coming from my boy’s were awesome and my sister devoured a piece in like 30 seconds flat (love you Lori!).
It’s smooth, creamy, the orange/lemon flavor combination is absolutely delicious and the topping is truly divine! I made my jell-0 the night before and then put then made and put the topping on a few hours before I was ready to serve it.
This really is delicious and so refreshing. It makes a great addition to any meal.Print
This Orange Lemony Jello is smooth and creamy with a topping that’s so good! ,The orange/lemon flavor combination is absolutely delicious!
- 1 large pkg. (6 oz) orange jell-o
- 1 small pkg. (4.6 oz) cook and serve lemon pudding (not instant!)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small pkg. (3.4 oz) cheesecake instant pudding
- Prepare orange jello according to package directions. Set aside.
- in a medium size pan, cook lemon pudding according to package directions. Remove from heat and stir in orange jello. Pour into a 9x 13 pan and put in fridge to set up.
- To make the topping, combine the whipping cream, milk, powdered sugar and instant pudding mix. Mix with a hand mixer until thick. Spread on top of set jello/pudding mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You could easily change up the jell-o and pudding flavors if you’re not a fan of orange/lemon. For the topping you could also use vanilla or white chocolate pudding, but the cheesecake is my favorite!
Also, I think it would be delicious to throw in some sliced bananas and/or mandarin oranges. I just didn’t because I knew if I did, my Braydon wouldn’t come near this stuff with a 10-foot pole.
Recipe Source: Worldwide Ward Cookbook Mom’s Best Recipes