I’m sure you’re all wondering why in the heck I’m sharing a jell-o recipe.
You’re probably thinking jell-0 schmell-o?! Ugh, what is she thinking.
I’m here to say, please don’t judge me. . . at least not until you’ve tried this. And if you don’t love it like we did, then please forgive me, not all taste buds are alike!
This jell-o is knock ’em out of the park good. . . seriously it is. It’s kind of more like you’re eating dessert. The comments coming from my boy’s were awesome and my sister devoured a piece in like 30 seconds flat (love you Lori!).
It’s smooth, creamy, the orange/lemon flavor combination is absolutely delicious and the topping is truly divine! I made my jell-0 the night before and then put then made and put the topping on a few hours before I was ready to serve it.
This really is delicious and so refreshing. It makes a great addition to any meal.Print
Orange Lemony Jello
- Total Time: 47 minute
- Yield: 12 to 15 servings 1x
This Orange Lemony Jello is smooth and creamy with a topping that’s so good! ,The orange/lemon flavor combination is absolutely delicious!
- 1 large pkg. (6 oz) orange jell-o
- 1 small pkg. (4.6 oz) cook and serve lemon pudding (not instant!)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small pkg. (3.4 oz) cheesecake instant pudding
- Prepare orange jello according to package directions. Set aside.
- in a medium size pan, cook lemon pudding according to package directions. Remove from heat and stir in orange jello. Pour into a 9x 13 pan and put in fridge to set up.
- To make the topping, combine the whipping cream, milk, powdered sugar and instant pudding mix. Mix with a hand mixer until thick. Spread on top of set jello/pudding mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You could easily change up the jell-o and pudding flavors if you’re not a fan of orange/lemon. For the topping you could also use vanilla or white chocolate pudding, but the cheesecake is my favorite!
Also, I think it would be delicious to throw in some sliced bananas and/or mandarin oranges. I just didn’t because I knew if I did, my Braydon wouldn’t come near this stuff with a 10-foot pole.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2+ hours chill time
- Category: Salads
Recipe Source: Worldwide Ward Cookbook Mom’s Best Recipes
Lori West says
I am not a real jello fan, but this was unbelievably good……and yes……I did devour it in 30 seconds! Thanks, Sis! I love being your food critic!!
Ali @ Jamhands.net says
The ingredient amount for the powdered sugar is showing up as an error icon to me. How much is used ? Thank you.
Hi Ali, It’s 1/3 cup powdered sugar.
Ali @ Jamhands.net says
Thanks again 🙂
So do you make the orange jello as well or do you just sprinkle it in? Thanks looks delicious!
Yes, you make the Jello. It says that in the very first instruction step. I haven’t made this for so long, I can’t wait to make it again because it’s so good. Happy Thanksgiving!