These Orange Pull Apart Rolls are out of this world! So simple to make because they start with frozen rolls. Sweet and tender with a sugary coating. . . they’re ridiculously good!
(Originally posted May 12, 2017)
I have a thing for bread, just like I have a thing for chocolate, peanut butter and raspberries. Because of that thing, it’s a huge problem when I make these Orange Pull Apart Rolls.
To say these are really good would be a huge understatement! Outrageously delicious might be a better description.
We are all so in love with these rolls.
Honestly, they are rather dangerous to have around because none of us can stop at just one. If we’re lucky we’ll stop at five. These are perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or anytime!
These rolls are incredibly easy to make since they start with frozen rolls. You certainly could make your own bread dough, but why complicate things, right?
Can you see all that sugary, buttery, orangey goodness? You guys, these rolls are completely divine.
Lineup of ingredients:
- frozen dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- fresh orange (the juice and the zest)
- granulated sugar
- powdered sugar
These rolls are perfect for holiday dinner and also delicious for a brunch or spring lunch. These rolls are a game changer my friends!Print
Orange Pull Apart Rolls
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 rolls 1x
These Orange Pull Apart Rolls are out of this world! So simple to make because they start with frozen rolls. Sweet and tender with a sugary coating. . . they’re ridiculously good! ♡
- 12 frozen dinner rolls, thawed but still cold (I use Rhodes rolls)
- Zest from 1 large orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Mix orange zest with sugar and set aside.
- Cut rolls in half and place in a 12-inch sprayed deep dish pan or 9×13-inch sprayed baking pan. (I use my 12-inch cast iron skillet.) Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over rolls. Sprinkle with orange zest/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 of mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap an let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap. Sprinkle on remaining sugar mixture. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over pull-aparts.
- You can also make these lemon pull apart rolls which is what the original recipe was. I make these both ways and love them equally as much. If you want to make these lemon pull aparts then use the zest of two lemons in the sugar mixture and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice in the glaze.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breads
Recipe Source: Adapted from Rhodes
Susan Johnson says
Oh wow, but these are good! I love orange rolls – these are probably one of the best ones I’ve tried. And so easy! I loved how the sugar gets a little crunchy. Also, these are great warmed up the next day. The texture when reheated in the microwave is just like a hot, fresh Krispy Kreme glazed donut. So good – I’ll be making these again.
Hi Susan! I am so happy to hear you made and love these orange rolls. I agree, they are the best and the crunchy sugary coating is sooo good! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.