A delicious twist on the classic seven layer bars, these Oreo Magic Bars start with an Oreo crust then layers of semisweet, milk and white chocolate chips, coconut, chopped Oreos and finished off with sweetened condensed milk. They’re ridiculously good!
Oreos are kind of a big deal around our house and very rarely is our pantry without them. My boys love to dunk their Oreos in milk, I don’t dunk. We love them in desserts as much as we do straight out of the package. If you don’t believe me, just search “Oreo” on my site and you’ll see what I mean.
These Oreo Magic Bars are insane! They’re rich, gooey, decadent and loaded with so many good things, sweetened condensed milk being one of the stars of the show here.
This recipe is going to rock your little chocolate Oreo loving world.
If you love the original seven layer/magic bars, then you’re going to absolutely love these Oreo magic bars. I swear the Oreo crust takes these bars to a whole new level. These are absolutely amazing and are sure to be a hit with your entire family and friends.
So simple to make. . . layer all the ingredients in a pan and bake.
- Start by mixing the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together and then press into the bottom of pan.
- Next sprinkle the crust with the white and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Then sprinkle the coconut and chopped Oreos on top, followed with an entire can of sweetened condensed milk (YUM!).
- Bake them for 25 to 28 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
How to store these bars.
Cover with plastic wrap or keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To keep them a little longer, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
How to freeze these bars.
Once completely cooled, cut into desired size and layer in a sealed container, with parchment paper between layers. Freeze these for up to 3 months and thaw overnight on the counter when ready to eat them.
You know, as I’m sitting here typing this post, I’m thinking about how much we love peanut butter and Oreos together so adding peanut butter chips would also be amazing in these bars.
I think the reason that seven layer bars are also known as magic bars is because like Lucky Charms, they’re magically delicious! Or maybe it’s because dumping a bunch of stuff into a pan that bakes up into heavenly bars is magical. Whatever the reason is, these bars are fantastic and you need them in your life!
Oreo Magic Bars
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
A delicious twist on the classic seven layer bars, these Oreo Magic Bars start with an Oreo crust then layers of semisweet, milk and white chocolate chips, coconut, chopped Oreos and finished off with sweetened condensed milk. They’re ridiculously good! ♡
- 20 Oreos, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 12 Oreos coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and spray bottom and sides of foil with cooking spray.
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Pour into a medium bowl add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Evenly sprinkle the white, semi sweet and milk chocolate chips on top, followed with the coconut, and chopped Oreos.Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk evenly on top.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven let sit for five minutes. Now take a sharp knife and go around the edge of the bars to loosen from the foil. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Leave a Reply