These Oreo M&M Chocolate Chip Bars are loaded with all the good things. . . Oreos, M&Ms, and chocolate chips. So simple to make and loved by everyone!
I have got quite the treat for you today my friends. Oreo M&M Chocolate Chip Bars! Sound good? Well, they are, I promise!
These bars were inspired by my favorite chocolate chip cookie bars. I took those bars a notch or two by adding chopped Oreos and M&Ms. They turned out even better than I imagined. If you love Oreos and M&Ms then you’re going to need to make these bars ASAP.
These bars are phenomenal and I can almost guarantee anyone who tries one will love them!
Here is what you need to make these bars:
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda & salt
- chocolate chips
These bars are pretty straightforward and uncomplicated to make. Even your kiddos could make these. Perfect thing to keep them busy this summer.
Some helpful tips for making these bars:
- Don’t over bake these bars. You want the edges to barely be golden brown, watch them closely.
- I love to use milk chocolate chips, but you could use semi sweet, white chocolate chips or even a combination of all of a couple of them. and half semisweet, but you can use just one of the other if you prefer. I’m thinking these bars would also be delicious peanut butter chips.
- Feel free to use regular or double stuf Oreos.
- This recipe can easily be doubled and made in a 9×13 pan. Cooking time should be the same, but just watch them carefully.
How to Store Oreo M&M Chocolate Chip Bars:
Store these bars in an air-tight container at room temperature and they should be good for up to a week.
To freeze: allow the bars to cool completely and cut them into squares. Place the cut bars into a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months.
These bars are the perfect thing to make when you’re craving cookies, but you don’t have time to make a scoop out cookie dough balls for batches of cookies.Print
Oreo M&M Chocolate Chip Bars
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 to 16 bars 1x
These Oreo M&M Chocolate Chip Bars are loaded with all the good things. . . Oreos, M&Ms, and chocolate chips. So simple to make and loved by everyone! ♡
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 14 Oreos, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8-inch pan with foil and spray lightly.
- In bowl of an electric mixer add butter and both sugars and cream together. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and mix in. Add the chopped Oreos and mix on low just until mixed in.
- Press into prepared pan and then evenly sprinkle the M&M’s on top and gently press down with your fingers.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. **Don’t overcook, the center will still look slightly undercooked.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Leave a Reply