Oreo White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious way to dress up a family favorite! Made with irresistible Oreo cookies and topped with melted white chocolate chips, you are going to fall in love with these.
It’s the summer of no bake treat at our house and these Oreo White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are now a force to be reckoned with.
I think most of us love classic Rice Krispie treats, right? Gooey and so delicious! Notice I said gooey? Have you ever eaten a hard Rice Krispie treat that scratches the roof of your mouth? UGH! I have and I am not a fan. . . gooey is where it’s at when it comes to Rice Krispie Treats.
If you want to take the classic Rice Krispie treat up a notch, try loading them up with Oreos and topping them off with some melted white chocolate. The end result is spectacular and I think you’re going to love them.
We kind of have a love affair with all things cookies & cream in this household. If you search “cookies & cream” on my site you’ll see what I mean. PSA . . . have you tried the Chick-fil-a cookies & cream milkshake? I’m sure they’re pretty bad for you, but they’re oh so good!
These bars are similar to my Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats, but they’re just different enough I had to share them. Because like chocolate chip cookies, you can never have too many recipes for something that is so good.
A few tips for making these delicious treats:
- Melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat and stir frequently. Once they are almost melted remove them from the heat immediately and continue to stir. Any remaining lumps of marshmallow will become smooth. You don’t want to overcook the marshmallows! If you continue to cook the marshmallows that is how you end up with rock hard Rice Krispie treats.
- Don’t over-stir the mixture once you’ve added the cereal and gently stir when mixing in the cereal.
- Use good quality chocolate chips. I like Nestle or Ghiradelli for white chocolate chips. Also, microwave them at 50% power and stir every 30 seconds. White chocolate chips tend to struggle in the melting department, so doing it this way usually is foolproof. You could also use good quality white chocolate bars.
These seriously are addicting and worth every single calorie. If you don’t have any Oreos on hand, run to the store ASAP and buy some because you need these treats in your life.Print
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 5 cups of Rice Krispies
- 24 Oreos, coarsely chopped & divided
- 3 cups white chocolate chips (I like Nestle or Ghiradelli)
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish, set aside.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot over low heat. Stir frequently and remove from heat when marshmallow are almost all the way melted. Continue to stir off the heat until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies and half the chopped Oreos. Gently press into prepared baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over Rice Krispie Treats and immediately sprinkle with remaining chopped Oreos.
- Let set and then cut into desired size squares.