Oven Baked Ground Chicken Tacos are the perfect, delicious weeknight dinner. They are simple to make, taste amazing and are going to become a family favorite! ♡
- 1 pkg. (16 oz) ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pkg. (1 oz) chicken taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 1 pkg. hard shell tacos
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground chicken until cooked through. Drain any liquid and return to heat. Add black beans, salsa, garlic powder, chicken taco seasoning and water. Mix until well combined and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Line taco shells in prepared baking dish (10 to 12 will fit). Bake the taco shells for 5 minutes by themselves to allow them to crisp up. Remove from the oven.
- Divide chicken filling equally among taco shells Fill each taco shell with meat . Top with grated cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- My absolute favorite salsa to use for these tacos is Trader Joe’s Salsa Autentica (white label with red writing and a yellow lid), but go ahead and use whatever is your favorite. I’ve also used my homemade salsa in these and they’re delicious.
- Category: Main Dishes