- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bag (24 oz) baby Yukon Gold potatoes*
- 1 bag (24 oz) baby red potatoes*
- 1 1/2 cups warm half & half, warmed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and toss until everything is well coated.
- Spread potatoes into a buttered 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven and transfer potatoes and all the seasonings/butter into a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Once they’re mashed almost completely, stir in the warmed half & half and chicken broth.
- Continue mashing until they’ve reached your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered in the oven until ready to serve.
- If you can’t find the baby red or baby Yukon gold potatoes, go ahead and use regular size and cut them into quarters before tossing them in the butter mixture. Either size works great.