I’m sure my sister Jennifer is really wishing I would have posted a dinner recipe today, because she is always telling me I need to post more dinner ideas. I promise my next post will not be anything that can fall into a dessert/cookie/treat/candy category. Sorry Jenny!
I couldn’t wait to share this because it is ridiculously good. Remember this yummy stuff, well today I have another version of my “over the top chex mix.” I’m not going to lie, this was even better than I had imaged it would be. I absolutely love caramel, so when milky way came out with the “simply caramel” milky way, it was just a given that I would love them. If you haven’t tried them, now is a good time to. You should run to the store and get yourself some and then make this, but just don’t be mad at me when you can’t stop eating it. I’m 99.9% sure you will love this.Print
- 8 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 10 fun size “simply caramel” milky way candy bars
- 20 caramels (, unwrapped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (, melted)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (, melted)
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt ((optional))
- Pour measured cereal into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In 2-cup microwaveable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on high for 1 minute, stir and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool about 3-5 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle chopped candy bars over the Chex mixture.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave unwrapped caramels and cream on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth (you may have to microwave it for a little longer, do it in 15 second increments). Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over Chex mixture. Next, drizzle melted semi-sweet chocolate and melted white chocolate all over the top of mixture. Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all the chex mixture while candy drizzles are still wet (if desired)
- Allow chocolate to set, break apart and store in tightly covered container.