Chunks of sweet potato are roasted and then dusted with Parmesan and a hint of garlic, these Parmesan Garlic Sweet Potatoes are so spectacular! A simple, stunning and delicious dish.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds total, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, ( divided)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, place the potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Transfer the potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes, then using a spatula, flip the potatoes over and cook until browned and tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Set the oven to broil. Sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic and half of the cheese and stir to coat well. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the potatoes. Broil until the cheese is soft and melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
I usually sprinkle garlic powder over the potatoes in place of the minced garlic. I use about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon. I think it covers all the potatoes better vs. the minced garlic. Feel free to do it either way.
You want to make sure you use finely grated Parmesan cheese. The stuff in the green can works great, but if you decide to grate your own, just make sure you use the smallest holes on your cheese grater.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes