- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon (generous) ground thyme
- 2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds Rigatoni
- Heat olive oil in large skillet or pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook a until they start to turn translucent. Add garlic and stir, cook about 1 minute, making sure not to brown the garlic.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown. Drain. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and ground thyme. Stir to combine.
- Dump in canned tomatoes with their juice. Stir, reduce heat to low, and cover pot. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Uncover the pot and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain and place individual portions into bowls.
- Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan into the sauce. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Ladle sauce over cooked pasta, sprinkle with more Parmesan, and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 63 min
- Category: Main Dishes