This Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce is amazing and going to become a favorite! So simple to make and comes together in no time at all. It’s perfect!
Life is crazy busy with five boys. I tried so hard yesterday to get this post done and before I knew it, it was 10:00 PM and I was just walking in the door from the last of our three baseball games last night. Oh boy am I tired.
Remember how I told you I have a cookbook addiction? Well, today I showed amazing self-control and I walked out of Sam’s Club WITHOUT a cookbook or cooking magazine. I had one in my hands that was calling out my name, and I mean REALLY calling out my name, but I was strong and resisted. I am so proud of myself.
Anyway, this Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce comes from the amazing Pioneer Woman’s new cookbook. I love her recipes. This stuff is soooo good, even my pickiest eaters were devouring it. When I looked at this recipe and saw how simple and what few ingredients were in it, I wondered if this would really be that good. Well, I was completely and totally wrong. This pasta was absolutely delish! I even warmed up the leftovers the next day for lunch and it was still just as good.
You really need to make this, like NOW! It is so quick, so simple, and so delicious!Print
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-oz) cans tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Dash of sugar, or more to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Chopped fresh basil
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, reserving a little hot pasta water for later.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce. Add the salt, pepper and sugar, then stir it around and cook until warm.
- Stir in the whipping cream
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Drain the pasta and dump hot pasta on top.
- Toss the pasta and sauce together and splash in some of the hot pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Just before serving, toss in a little more Parmesan and chopped fresh basil.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier