- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-oz) cans tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Dash of sugar, or more to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Chopped fresh basil
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, reserving a little hot pasta water for later.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce. Add the salt, pepper and sugar, then stir it around and cook until warm.
- Stir in the whipping cream
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Drain the pasta and dump hot pasta on top.
- Toss the pasta and sauce together and splash in some of the hot pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Just before serving, toss in a little more Parmesan and chopped fresh basil.
- Category: Main Dishes