Peach season is coming to an end which brings tears to my eyes. I love fresh peaches! I’ve been so busy trying other peach recipes that I still haven’t even gotten around to making our all-time favorite peach dessert. I have got to do that this week!
When I saw this recipe for a peach and raspberry crisp, I knew I had to try it. Peaches and raspberries . . . .Mmmm, two of my favorite fruits. Serve this warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you will be in heaven. The sweet, crispy topping combined with the peaches and raspberries was delicious. The only thing I would do differently next time is leave out the orange zest or just less (way less!), I thought it was too over-powering. I wanted to taste the fresh peaches and the orange zest took away from that. I may try it with a little lemon zest or just do away with any zest at all.
If you can still get your hands on some fresh peaches, you really should try this.Print
- 10–12 large peaches (, peeled and sliced)
- 1 orange (, zested (I would leave out next time))
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 heaping cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter (, cold)
- To make the filling, peel the peaches and slice them into thick wedges and place them into a large bowl. Add the orange zest (if using) , granulated sugar, brown sugar, and flour. Toss well. Gently mix in the raspberries. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes. If there is a lot of liquid, add 1 more tablespoon of flour. Pour the peaches into the baking dish and gently smooth the top.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, oatmeal, and the cold, diced butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the butter is pea-sized and the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly on top of the peaches and raspberries. Bake for 1 hour, until the top is browned and crisp and the juices are bubbly. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator and reheat in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until warm.
Recipe Source: Barefoot Contessa