These Peanut Butter Caramel Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious twist on the classic treat. Marshmallows, peanut butter and caramel bits take this childhood favorite to a whole new level of deliciousness!
I don’t know why, but I have been on a Rice Krispies treat kick that last few months and I can’t seem to stop making different variations of them. For example, these Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats absolutely stole my heart and I think about them constantly.
I mean, can you blame me? The childhood favorite treat is so good, incredibly simple to make and extremely versatile.
These Peanut Butter Caramel Rice Krispie Treats are the latest version to come out of my kitchen and I haven’t heard one complaint about them.
Buttery, chewy, marshmallowy, peanut buttery and caramely . . . yes, that’s a lot of yumminess going on.
Peanut butter and caramel are such a fantastic combination of flavors and then throw in some chocolate whoa!
Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a lover of any and all desserts. But as much as I love decadent and ric desserts like cheesecake and trifle, sometimes just a simple Rice Krispie treat is all I need.
A few helpful tips for keeping these soft and gooey:
- Use a bag of fresh marshmallows. Pleeease don’t use old marshmallows, it really does make a difference.
- Keep the heat on low and take the marshmallow mixture off the heat when there are still a few unmelted marshmallows. Just continue to stir the mixture until the mixture is smooth.
- When pressing the mixture in the pan, use a light touch and don’t pack it down.
The great thing about these and pretty much any Rice Krispie treats recipe, is they require little time and just a few simple ingredients. And even though you might always wonder if a handful of simple ingredients can really turn into something so delectable, one bite will remind you it can.
The lineup of ingredients is short and simple:
- peanut butter
- rice krispies
- caramel bits
- milk chocolate chips
Be sure and add the caramel bits in after you’ve stirred in the peanut butter. You want them to soften up, but not melt completely. Adding them in after the peanut butter is mixed in will ensure they won’t melt completely so you still get bites of caramel bits throughout.
Let me know if you make these! I hope you lovePrint
Peanut Butter Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 to 16 bars 1x
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 heaping cup peanut butter
- Butter a 9×9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat stirring frequently. (*I like to put a lid on the pan for a few minutes to help things melt faster.) Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Add caramel bits and Rice Krispies and gently fold in until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and evenly spread and press in the pan. *Don’t press too hard and compact the bars. Set aside while you make the chocolate layer.
- Spread chocolate layer on top and let set until chocolate layer firms up.
- Pour chocolate chips and peanut butter into a small microwavable bowl. Melt for 1 minute and stir well. Continue to cook in 15 second increments until mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of the Rice Krispies and spread evenly.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Leave a Reply