I think this week is the first time in forever that I haven’t made cookies at least every other day.
So as you can guess, I was going through major cookie dough and cookie withdrawals. I had to do something about it, so I made these cookies.
I was in the mood for peanut butter but I also wanted something with caramel . . .two of my many favorite things. These cookies are what came out of my kitchen and if you ask Parker, they are “the best ever!” Peanut butter and caramel definitely work well together. The Milky Way simply caramel bites are perfect because the caramel stays soft, even after being cooked.
If you’re feeling a little rebellious, you could make them bigger and stuff two or three simply caramel bites in the middle. . .yum!
Hope you have a great weekend.
Delicious peanut butter cookies stuffed with a bite-size Milky Way Simply Caramel. Absolutely fabulous!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites ((about 24 or less if you make your cookies bigger))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour and mix until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, scoop out some dough, about golf ball-size. Flatten just slightly and place a simply caramel bite in the center and then wrap the dough around it. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or just until the edges barely begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, tap cookie sheet on counter and let sit for about 2 minutes before transferring to a cookie sheet.
I linked up at: Buns in My Oven