Cream Cheese Layer:
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar and 3 eggs together until foamy. Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Reserve one cup of the batter, and spread the rest into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Layer:
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully spread the peanut butter batter over the layer of chocolate batter. Drop reserved chocolate batter, by tablespoonfuls onto the peanut butter layer. Using a regular butter knife, cut through the batter and swirl.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before cutting into bars. *Once they’ve cooled, I like to refrigerate them for at least a couple hours before cutting them. Store in refrigerator.