- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2–3 very ripe, bananas)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 9 1/4 X 5 1/4-inch.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Stir the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, peanut butter and vanilla in a medium bowl until combined.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula just until combined. Don’t overmix, the batter should be thick and chunky.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until the golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes. Cool the loaf in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully tip the pan over so the banana bread falls onto the wire rack.
I like to stick my pan of banana bread inside another empty loaf pan or on a cookie sheet before I put it in the oven. This helps prevent the bottom from getting to dark./i]
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Breads