These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with peanut butter and chocolate chips . . .things just don’t get better than peanut butter and chocolate together.
It dawned on me the other day that I don’t have a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe here on my little old blog. Talk about a travesty! How could I let a classic like that slip by?
We all know I love chocolate chip cookies and I am crazy about peanut butter. Duh, why has it taken me so long to post one? I got right to work and whipped up a batch of what Parker declared them “the best cookies ever.” He’s asked me over and over to make them again.
Slightly crispy on the edges, and soft and gooey in the middle. Eaten warm they are pretty dang amazing and dipped in a glass of milk they are pretty fabulous too. Super simple to whip up and super yummy to eat.Print
Delicious peanut butter cookies chock full of chocolate chips . . .things just don’t get better than peanut butter and chocolate.
- 1 stick butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips ((or a little more if you’d like))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Mix in peanut butter.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix on low.
- Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden on the outside edge.
- Cool on cookies sheets for 2-3 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker