This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake is a delicious way to use up some of those pesky zucchinis that have taken over your garden! It’s absolutely delicious!
It’s that time of year when zucchini recipes are floating around everywhere! I’m ok with that because I love all zucchini baked goods! If you don’t believe me just search “zucchini” on my site and you will see what I mean.
When I came across the recipe for this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake I jumped on it immediately! What’s not to love? Peanut butter, chocolate chip and zucchini all rolled into one cake! Why not? pas
If you’re worried about the combination of peanut butter with zucchini, don’t be. It’s fantastic!
Lineup of ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake:
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- semisweet chocolate chips
Let’s make this cake!
- Start by creaming together the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar. In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add those dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and combine until you get a mixture that is like moist sand. Set aside 1/2 cup of the “sand” mixture.
- To the remaining mixture add the remaining flour, egg, vanilla and buttermilk. Fold in the zucchini. Spread into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Stir cinnamon into the reserved topping and sprinkle over the batter. Top with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 20 to 20 minutes and patiently wait to enjoy this fantastic cake!
I know it might look like a lot of steps, but it’s really simple and pretty straightforward and the end result is so worth it!
Promise me that if you still have zucchini coming out of your ears, pawning it off on neighbors or even down to a few, do yourself a favor and make this cake!
Grab a glass of cold milk or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream and dig in! You won’t regret it for even a second.
If you need a few other ways to use up your zucchini this zucchini bread, these zucchini muffins and this zucchini cake are just a few of my absolute favorite zucchini recipes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings 1x
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk 1-1/4 cups flour, salt and baking soda and add to the creamed mixture. Mix on low speed just until mixture is sandy. Remove 1/2 cup of this crumb mixture and set aside.
- To the remaining mixture and the remaining flour, egg, vanilla and buttermilk. Fold in the zucchini. Spread into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Stir cinnamon into the reserved topping and sprinkle over the batter. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Leave a Reply