Have you ever had one of those days in the kitchen when things just don’t go as planned? Well I had one of them yesterday and it wasn’t pretty. The cookies I was so excited to share today, yeah well they were a big huge FLOP! Not sure what happened but I’m going to attempt them again. So instead of cookies, you’re getting a yummy granola recipe today.
I absolutely love granola, especially homemade granola. I love just eating it by the handful, on yogurt, with milk . . . love, love, love it!
When I saw this recipe for chewy peanut butter granola, I couldn’t wait to try it. I wanted it to be crunchy so I baked it longer and also added some coconut. It is absolutely delicious. I know what I will be having for breakfast today.Print
Peanut Butter & Coconut Granola
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter ((chunky or smooth))
- 1 cup honey
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicon liner.
- Put the honey and the peanut butter into a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, until peanut butter is a little melted.
- Whisk together until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the oats & coconut, stir until evenly coated
- Spread the granola onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Crumble any large chunks into bite sized pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Recipe Source: Adapted from Something Swanky.com
Leave a Reply