These Peanut Butter Cookies & Cream Cookies are the best of so many worlds. Peanut butter, Oreos and chocolate chips all in one cookie. What could be better?
This post if going to be short and sweet because I am late getting it up, so let’s just get right to it. . .
These Peanut Butter Cookies & Cream Cookies are in honor of my son Zach, who is currently serving a mission in Cusco, Peru. In his email a few weeks ago, he wrote this:
Well I guess one miracle did happen this week. One day as we were walking to our house, I really wanted some Oreos, so I went in and bought a little pack then we went back to our house. We sat down, and I opened my candy drawer, and saw my peanut butter. Well, needless to say revelation was received and dipping Oreos in peanut butter is definitely one of the best things I’ve ever tried!! haha I don’t know why I haven’t thought of that before!!
After I stopped laughing about his miracle/revelation story and about his candy drawer (hmmm, I wonder where he gets that from . . .), I got thinking about peanut butter & Oreos and figured that combination might just make one really, really good cookie. Turns out I was right, these are pretty dang fabulous. I took them to my son’s baseball game last night and they got rave, rave reviews.
A delicious peanut butter cookie, chock full of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and chopped Oreos . . .yum! You’ve got to try these.
- 1 stick butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 12 Oreos (, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Mix in peanut butter.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Add both kinds of chocolate chips and mix on low. Add in chopped Oreos and mix on low just until incorporated.
- Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden on the outside edge.
These cookies stay on the “puffier” side, so if you prefer a flatter cookie, just gently press down each dough ball slightly with your hand before cooking them. I did a pan each way I think I preferred the puffier cookie, but it’s your personal preference.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker