These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are a chocolate-peanut butter lover’s dream come true! Decadent brownies packed with Reese’s peanut butter cups topped with a dreamy Peanut Butter Buttercream.
If you’ve followed my blog for awhile, you should know by now my love for all things chocolate and peanut butter runs deep.
I love them both on their own, but the two of them together, something magical seems to happen. You might even say I have an addiction, but I’m really ok with that.
You know the old song The Candy Man and the line that says and makes the world taste good, well that’s how I feel about PB and chocolate, they make the world taste good! I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that thinks so.We all seem to have an addiction to anything peanut butter and chocolate at my house.
My boys don’t stand a fighting chance of not loving it when they are constantly surrounded by it.
These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies did not disappoint any of us.
They are decadent, fudgy, rich and packed with Reese’s peanut butter cups. And if that wasn’t good enough, then they’re topped with a smooth, fabulous peanut butter buttercream. I can’t even stand it. I had to give most of them away because I had no self-control. I even hid them down in my cold storage room, and that didn’t work. I still found them.
If you make these, consider yourself warned.
Have a great weekend.Print
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 30 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped in half
- Additional peanut butter cups for garnish, optional
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2–3 tablespoons whipping cream (or milk is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate chips on low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add sugar, stir until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until well combined. Add flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Gently stir in chopped peanut butter cups. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out with just a few “brownie crumbs” on it. Cool completely and frost with peanut butter frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and peanut butter together until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, half-n-half and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Use the miniature peanut butter cups that come wrapped in foil, not the mini, mini ones that come already unwrapped in the bag.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars
- Cuisine: American
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
I linked up at Buns in My Oven
Christine Tyrell says
Yes I made 2 of your desserts this weekend! Browned butter lemon bars was the 1st! This was the first, though, for these rockin bars! Really good and easy! I was hoping to have one tonight after dinner and when I got home today there were five left. But an hour later they were all gone!