- 1 box devils cake food mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients; press in the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 baking dish (mixture will be thick). Bake 13 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minute
- In bowl of a stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer), combine softened butter and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, salt and half & half and mix until smooth and velvety. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium size bowl. Microwave or heat the cream on the stovetop to a low simmer (a few small bubbles around the edges). Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then whisk to combine until smooth and glossy. Let cool slightly and then spread ganache over peanut butter filling.
- Let stand at room temperature until bars are set, 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut into desired size squares and serve.