These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to change your life! Loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and coconut. They are absolutely spectacular!
There’s a local bakery & cafe here called Beaumont Bakery & Cafe. If you live in SLC and haven’t ever eaten there you need to go ASAP. Their food is amazing and their pastries and cookies are out of this world! I love everything I have ever eaten there, but their peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie is absolutely phenomenal and my favorite thing there!
My friend Karrie is the one who introduced me to these peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and I don’t know if I should love her or hate her. I could honestly eat one of these cookies every. single. day.
My husband I were eating at Beaumont one night and where we were sitting we could see part of the kitchen and they happened to be scooping out the dough for these cookies. I desperately wanted to tap on the glass and try and convince the employee to just give me a big ol’ scoop of the dough so I could eat it (lol). I didn’t do that, but I did at least see how big they make them.
I’ve played around with one of my oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipes and I think I came pretty dang close. Honestly, it’s a bad thing because I make these on repeat which is never good for the waistline. Anyone that I have taken these cookies to has fallen in love with them and says it’s the best cookie they’ve ever eaten.
These cookies are thick and slightly underbaked. The texture is so fabulous they just kinda melt in your mouth.
They have all of my favorite things in a cookie . . . oatmeal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, coconut, peanut butter chips. If you could marry a cookie, I would marry this one in a heartbeat.
Here is what you’ll need:
- salted butter – if you only have unsalted butter, increase the salt to 1 teaspoon.
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- creamy peanut butter – don’t use natural peanut butter in these cookies.
- all-purpose flour
- old fashioned oats – old fashioned and not quick oats.
- baking soda and salt
- semisweet chocolate chips – normally I will do half semisweet and half milk chocolate chips in cookies, but for this recipe I highly recommend using all semisweet.
- peanut butter chips – I aways use Reese’s brand. I feel like the store brand peanut butter chips just aren’t as good.
- sweetened coconut flakes – even if you’re not a fan of coconut, I think you be ok with it in these cookies. It adds a sweetness and chewiness that is amazing.
These cookies are supposed to be thick. If you want a flatter cookie you could always gently press each dough ball down with the palm of your hand before you bake them, but the thickness of these cookies is what I love so much. They are almost underbaked in the center which makes them just melt in your mouth. They’re heavenly, I promise!
I can’t wait for you to give these a try.Print