The other day I mentioned that bread is kinda my thing, well it’s no secret that cookies are too. My daily cookie cravings seem to be all over the board. Somedays I want a cookie that is slightly crunchy on the edges and soft and chewy on the inside (that is the perfect chocolate chip cookie, if you ask me). Other days I want a thick, puffy, super soft cookie, the kind that almost melts in your mouth. Then there are those days when I want something more on the crunchy side and sometimes even . . . (gasp!) a cookie without chocolate chips. I know, unthinkable, huh?!
The other day I found myself craving a thick, soft cookie which made me think of my Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies. Buuuut, then I remembered seeing these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, so I decided to be healthy and went the oatmeal route, because isn’t everything with oatmeal healthy 😊?
My boys went berserk over these cookies and honestly, so did I. Parker could have eaten the entire batch if I would have let him. I’m telling if you make these, you too may find yourself wanting to eat the entire batch. They are impossible to stop at just one. These cookies are currently at the top of my favorites list which is huge because I really, really, really love cookies.
You guys these cookies are soft, buttery, and full of chocolate chips. They melt in your mouth. Eating one after they have cooled on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes is pure cookie bliss. I’m telling you they are to die for!
If you’re wanting a flatter cookie, then flatten them slightly with your palm before you bake them. And of course, if you want a firmer cookie then bake them a couple minutes longer.
Have a great weekend and Happy Mother’s Day to all of you!Print
- 1/2 cup butter (, softened)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes. The cookies will look underbaked, but that it what you want.
- Let the cookies set on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to set up before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
These cookies are super soft and almost melt in your mouth, especially while they’re still warm. If you like a firmer cookie then cook them an extra couple minutes.
Recipe Source: Buns in My Oven