A buttery pretzel crust, layered with coconut, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter & melted chocolate, toffee bits and topped with three kinds of chips. Insanely rich and decadent.
Magic bars (aka seven layer bars) are just that . . .magical. You may know them as seven layer bars, but whatever you like to call them, they are fabulous, delicious, scrumptious, etc., and extremely versatile.
While I absolutely love the classic 7-layer bar (you know the one that’s been around for eons), one of my others favorites are these Black Magic Layer Bars, if you’ve never made them, you are really missing out.
When I saw these Peanut Butter Pretzel Magic Bars the other day on Pinterest, I jumped all over them. Ummm, peanut butter & melted chocolate and magic bars together . . . . why didn’t I think of that?!
These bars are rich. They are essentially layer after layer of decadence my friends. There is a whole lot of yumminess going on here. Crunchy, sweet, salty, gooey, rich, and just ridiculously good. Like I said before, seven layer bars are versatile so if there is something in one of the layers you don’t care for, just leave it off or swap it out for something else, I won’t tell anyone.
Now it’s Father’s Day this weekend so if you’re getting together with family for a BBQ or whatever, you should make these. So simple to make and are sure to make any and everyone happy.Print
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter (, melted)
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (, divided)
- 1¼ sweetened coconut flakes (, divided)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a square 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Add the pretzels to a food processor and blend until small crumbs. Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl and mix in the melted butter and press evenly into bottom of the prepared pan. Drizzle the crust evenly with 1/4 cup of the sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle evenly with ½ cup of the coconut.
- Add the peanut butter and semisweet chocolate to a small microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for one minute. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Evenly pour this mixture on top of the coconut and then carefully spread it out.
- Now sprinkle evenly with ¼ cup of the coconut and the toffee bits.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and butterscotch chips with the remaining 1/2 cup of the sweetened condensed milk and the remaining ½ cup of the coconut. Pour this over the last layer and carefully spread evenly.
- Bake at 375 degree F for 20 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Let cool completely for about 45 min. Gently lift out of the pan, carefully holding the edges of the parchment paper. Lift it onto a cutting board and then cut into desired size squares.
- Category: Brownies & Bars