These Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies are a peanut butter lover’s dream come true. A delicious smooth peanut butter buttercream sandwiched between two peanut butter cookies. . .amazing!
Did you know that yesterday was National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day? Well I didn’t, at least not until I started seeing it all over Instagram. I’m a day late, but being the HUGE peanut butter lover that I am, I had to share a PB recipe. So Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies are what came out of my kitchen late yesterday afternoon and they pretty much rocked!
Peanut butter cookies are delicious on their own, but when you add a creamy peanut butter filling they pretty much are out of this world! A soft
I saw this recipe a couple years ago in an LDS Living magazine and as I was frantically trying to figure out what to make yesterday in honor of beloved Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, this recipe popped into my head. Funny how my memory never seems to fail me when it comes to remembering recipes, it just fails me when I’m supposed to remember to take my boys to piano lessons, pick up carpool, or figure out where I hid the Xbox controllers, etc. . . the list goes on and on!
Here’s a little fun fact about peanut butter. Did you know that the average American eats three pounds of peanut butter each year? Clearly, I am not the average American because I consume three pounds about every two months. . . . seriously I do.
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 ¼ cup quick oats (grind in blender or food processor after you measure)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter 3/4 cup peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Add to creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Drop by teaspoons onto lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until edges barely begin to turn a light brown. Don’t over bake! After removing cookies from the oven, press flat with a spatula and place cookies on cooling rack.
- Combine the butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of the the cream. Mix until smooth, adding the remaining cream a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is smooth and desired consistency (it’s a fairly thick filing). Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.
When you flatten your cookies after they come out of the oven, you can flatten them as little or much as you’d like. It’s completely up to you.
Also, I used a small cookie scoop for the filling. I just plopped a scoop on top of a cookie and then placed another cookie on top and then lightly pressed them together.
- Category: Cookies
I linked up at: Buns In My Oven