These Pecans bars start with a buttery shortbread crust and then topped with a chopped pecans stirred into a caramel sauce. The end result is amazing! It’s hard to stop at just one.
- 1 1/4 cups butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until dough is combined.
- With floured hands, press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is set, but not browned. Set aside to cool while you make the topping.
- In a medium saucepan combine the butter, corn syrup and brown sugar, stir over low heat until butter is melted. Increase the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream and chopped pecans. Pour over the cooled crust and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until the filing is set. Allow bars to cool completely then refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into bars and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 34 to 42 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars