12 Days of Sugar – Day 9
Peppermint Bark Chocolate Chip Cookies are a holiday version of the classic chocolate chip cookies. Loaded with chocolate chips and chopped peppermint bark in every bite.
Day 9 of my 12 Days of Sugar is going to make you cookie lovers happy! These Peppermint Bark Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect chocolate chip cookie for the holidays.
Sorry, not sorry for the cookie overload this year with my 12 Days of Sugar. It’s just that I love cookies so much and they are a simple treat to make to share with people.
These cookies are spectacular! Chewy on the inside, crispy on the edges and loaded with chocolate chips and chopped peppermint bark in every bite. Chocolate and peppermint are perfectly paired the holiday flavors.
I love to use the Ghiradelli peppermint bark squares, but feel free to use your favorite peppermint bark. It could even be homemade bark if you have some. I know Trader Joes also sells delicious peppermint bark.
Normally I put half semisweet and half milk chocolate chips in my cookies, but I think I love these cookies best when I use all semisweet chocolate chips. The cookies are fairly sweet so I love the semisweet chocolate chips to offset some of the sweetness.
So many reasons to love these cookies.
- This recipe takes a classic and gives it a holiday kick! Who can resist a chocolate chip cookie? Adding some peppermint bark gives them some Christmas cheer and makes them so fun!
- These are simple to make and no dough chilling required.
- The are just plain delicious and the dough is crazy good!
- They will be the perfect addition to your holiday cookie platters and cookie exchanges.
These peppermint bark chocolate chip cookies really are one of the best Christmas cookies, with chopped up peppermint bark, and chocolate chips in every bite. Set a plate of these out along with a glass of milk for Santa Clause and your kids will definitely be on the nice list.
Happy eating! 🎄🍪Print
Peppermint Bark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: about 30 cookies 1x
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped peppermint bark, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a parchment paper or a silpat liner and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, both sugars, for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix on low until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and about 1 1/2 cups of the peppermint bark. Mix on low until combined.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately press a few more pieces of peppermint bark into the top of each cookies.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a cooking rack.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Like Mother Like Daugher
Leave a Reply