- 1 (21 oz) triple chunk brownie mix
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 (2 oz) white chocolate bar, chopped
- 45 Round peppermint candies, crushed to powder
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions (9×13 pan). Cool completely and cut into small chunks. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the whipping cream and white chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining 3 1/2 cups cream at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add cooled white chocolate mixture and beating until stiff peaks form again. Very gently, fold in crushed peppermint candy. (The whipping cream will be a little “grainy” after folding in the candy, but after it chills for several hours, the sugar dissolves and it’s just fine.) Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- In parfait glass, layer brownies pieces, then a layer peppermint mixture. Repeat two or three more times, to fill glasses. Garnish with a soft peppermint candy if desired. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
*You can use just a regular fudge brownie mix you like, but I love using the triple chunk brownie mix because I love the chunks of chocolate in it. If you only have a regular mix, you can throw some chocolate chips into the batter before baking the brownies. Here is a link so you can see which brownie mix it is I use.
If you’d rather have one large one, his can easily be made in a trifle dish as well. Just layer as the same way in a trifle dish.
This recipe will make about 5-7 depending on the size of parfait glasses you use. You could use really small parfait glasses and get probably closer to 10.
I like to fill a pastry bag and pipe in the peppermint mixture into the glasses, especially if I’m using taller glasses. I think it’s easier to pipe it in and get it even, rather than spooning it in.
- Category: Desserts