These Peppermint Cheesecake Bars are out of this world. Oreo crust, cheesecake filling studded with chopped peppermint bark then topped off with chocolate ganache. The perfect holiday dessert!
Holy moly, we’re down to day 11 of my 12 Days of Sugar, I can’t even believe it. I’m sorry to be throwing another peppermint dessert your way, but I just had to. This month is flying by and I’m trying to squeeze in all the peppermint yumminess I can. These Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bars are rich, decadent and pretty fabulous!
Let me just try and give you a little glimpse of these cheesecake bars . . an Oreo crust topped with a smooth, creamy cheesecake filling with chunks of peppermint bark and then finished off with chocolate ganache and more crushed peppermint bark. They scream Christmas! Love, love, love these bars! Hopefully you will too!Print
- 20 Oreos (, crushed finely)
- 1/2 cup butter (, melted)
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 pkgs. ((8 oz) cream cheese, softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 15 Dove Peppermint Bark Promises (, roughly chopped)
- 2 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides Spray lightly with cooking spray. Crush Oreos cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and mix well. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well-blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each just until blended. Gently stir chopped peppermint bark..
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the sides are set and the center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack in the pan.
- When the cheesecake is completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
- Ganache: Place chocolate chips in small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate, whisk until smooth. Cool slightly then gently pour over cheesecake bars, spread evenly. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker