This Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for your holiday parties. Two kinds of chocolate chips and peppermint bits, it’s festive and fun!
Cheese balls are one of my favorite foods during the holidays. I don’t know why, but they just are. Probably because they’ve been party of my family’s holidays for as long as I can remember. Sweet or savory . . . I love them both. I’m not really sure why I don’t make them year round. I’m pretty sure my boys would be ok with it.
This Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is such a fun twist from the traditional savory cheese ball. It’s perfect for the holidays. It’s sweet, but not too sweet. It’s pepperminty, but not too pepperminty!
This cheese ball is full of semisweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and peppermint crunch baking chips. Then to make it even better, it’s rolled in more chocolate chips and milk chocolate chunks. I’m guessing Oreos dipped in this would be pretty amazing, I may have to try it.
It’s pretty fabulous! My boys and husband absolutely loved this and hopefully you will too!Print
This makes a fairly large cheeseball. Unless I was taking it to a party, I would definitely half it the next time I make it.
- 2 pkgs. ((8 oz each) cream cheese, softened)
- 1 – 2 tsp. peppermint extract ((depending on how strong you want the flavor))
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (, chilled)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (, chilled)
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Mini chocolate chips ((about 1/3 cup))
- Good quality milk chocolate (, chopped (about 2/3 cup) (I used aTrader Joe’s Belgian Chocolate Bar))
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peppermint extract and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Pulse the chocolate chips in a blender to form coarse chunks.
- Add the crushed chocolate chips and peppermint crunch baking chips to cream cheese mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Tear off a large piece of plastic wrap and line the inside of a large bowl (soup or cereal bowl). Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the plastic wrap in the bowl and bring up the edges of the plastic wrap and cover the cheeseball, shaping into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- On a large piece of wax paper or in a shallow dish, scatter the mini chocolate chips and chopped milk chocolate. Remove the cheeseball from the bowl and unwrap it. Carefully roll the cheeseball in the chocolate chips and milk chocolate.
- Either wrap again in plastic wrap and place in bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve or place on a serving plate.
- Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers, chocolate graham crackers, etc.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Perfectly Peppermint Cookbook