- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (, softened)
- 1/2 stick butter (, softened)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4–5 tablespoons cream
- 4–5 drops peppermint oil or 1/2 – 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candy or candy
- Food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Using an electric stand or hand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix until blended into a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls (a little smaller than a golf ball).
- Place onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until bottom edges just barely begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Frosting: In medium size bowl cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar, peppermint oil/extract and one drop of red or pink food coloring. and cream until very light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Frost cooled cookie with frosting and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy, if desired.
- Category: Cookies