Peppermint Oreo Bark Squares have only three ingredients and can be made in just minutes. It’s a great last minute holiday treat for parties or hostess gifts.
♡ 12 DAYS OF SUGAR – DAY 11 ♡
Holy smokes, it’s Day 11! How did this go so fast? I’m hoping that you’re not all peppermint-ed out yet, because these Peppermint Oreo Bark Squares are fast, easy peasy and so, so good. They are the perfect thing to make if you need something last minute.
Does anyone else love any and all things peppermint during the holidays? It’s so good so why do we only enjoy it during Christmas? You know, kind of like pumpkin during the fall?
How to assemble Peppermint Oreo Bark Squares.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill pan with single layer of Oreos.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the Oreos and spread into an even layer and shake and tap the pan.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Allow the bark to set until firm enough to cut into squares.
How to melt white chocolate wafers
I place the melting wafers in a glass bowl and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on 50% power, stirring and then continuing to microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments until chocolate until fully melted. If using almond bark, chop it smaller pieces. You also can follow the directions on the package.
A few tips. . .
- Line the pan with either a parchment paper or foil. This will make for easy lifting out of the pan.
- After pouring and spreading the melted white chocolate, tap and shake the pan several times. This will allow the melted white chocolate to fall/spread downin between and partially under some of the Oreos which will help keep the bark together.
- You can use a blender or the rolling pin to crush the candy canes. Place the unwrapped candy canes into a ziplock bag, zip it closed, cover the bag with the towel (to help contain any flying pieces) and smack the candy canes with a rolling pin. Or you can also buy crushed candy cane pieces at some stores.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top as soon as you finish spreading the melted chocolate.
- As soon as the white chocolate firms up, lift it out of the pan and use a large sharp knife to cut it into squares. If you let it set up and get too cold, the bark will not be as easy to cut into clean squares, it will break/crack into pieces. But don’t stress if you some of it cracks when you cut it, it will still taste delicious!
- Store chocolate peppermint bark in an airtight container or candy tin.
Peppermint Oreo Bark Squares
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 18 oz white chocolate melting wafers or almond bark, melted
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- Crushed candy cane
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil or parchment paper, with overhang for easy removal.
- Line the bottom of the pan with Oreo Cookies. You will need to cut about 4 or 5 Oreo cookies in half to line the edges where whole cookies would not fit..
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 1/5 minutes on 50%. Stir well and continue cooking in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Oreo cookies and spread evenly. Be sure to tap and gently shake the pan on the counter a few times to help spread the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top of the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or until just set. Use a large sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
Recipe Source: Adapted/inspired from Daily Appetite.
Leave a Reply