It was a hot one yesterday, so I baked brownies. There’s probably really no logic there, but we can pretend like there is.
These brownies are kind of naughty. Actually not just kind of, they are really naughty.
Rich, decadent and absolutely divine . . . .these babies will knock your socks off.
I know there are non-mint lovers out there, but let me just say you are missing out. The combination of fudgy chocolate brownies with a center layer of peppermint patties finished off with chocolate buttercream is straight delicious. I guarantee they can brighten anyone’s day.
A little P.S. here, we think these taste even better when chilled.
These peppermint pattie brownies are rich, decadent and oh so good. If you’re a mint lover, then you’ve got to try these.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pkg. ((12-oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 pkg. snack size peppermint patties
- 4 Tbsp. butter (, softened)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa
- 3–4 Tbsp. half-n-half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil, spray with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large saucepan,melt the butter and chocolate chips on low, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar until well combined.
- Add eegs, one at a time, stirring well after each egg. Stir in vanilla.
- Add salt and flour and mix until combined.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Layer peppermint patties, slightly overlapping one another in rows until all the batter is covered.
- Top with remaining brownie batter, spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, just until center is barely set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make frosting: combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
Recipe Source: Brownie recipe adapted slightly from 101 Gourmet Cookies
I linked up at: Buns in My Oven