- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows + 1 more cup, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2 drops peppermint oil
- 3–4 medium-sized candy canes, crushed and divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- Butter an x8x, 9×9 or 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside. (For thicker bars us a 8×8 or 9×9 and for thinner bars use a 9×13.)
- In a large pot, melt the butter and 10 oz bag of marshmallows over low heat, stirring frequently. Continue stirring until marshmallows are almost completely melted. Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies, remaining 1 cup of marshmallows, peppermint extract and 2 tablespoons of the crushed candy cane. Stir until combined. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Put the white chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second increments stirring in between until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a plastic bag, cut off the tip, and drizzle evenly over the bars. Repeat with the chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil. After you’ve drizzled both chocolates on top of the Rice Krispie treats, sprinkle the remaining crushed candy cane on top.
- Let chocolate set and cut into squares and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins