A blanket of gooey cheese and the oven-crisped pepperoni make this Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Skillet a guaranteed winner. Kids and adults love this!
You guys, this Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Skillet is everything you love about pizza in a super easy, super fast, kid-friendly recipe. It’s done in about 30 minutes and you’re going to love it!
We are pizza fanatics and we love pasta just as much, so when I saw this recipe combining the two, I knew it was going to be a huge hit iat our house!
Pasta, pizza sauce, ground beef, pepperoni and cheese all combined into one skillet dinner turns into a mouthwatering pasta, full of pizza flavors. . . a huge crowd pleaser. You will LOVE this meal!
VARIATIONS OF THIS RECIPE.
- Meat – You can substitute sweet or hot Italian sausage for the ground beef.
- Extra Cheese – Feel free to add even more cheese if you’d like and sprinkle more Parmesan on top after it bakes. You can even use a combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Pizza Sauce – If you prefer, you can use a homemade pizza sauce, but I love keeping it simple by using store bought.
- Toppings – Try adding some chopped sweet peppers with the ground beef. Olives would also be a delicious added in. This is really flexible so get creative or keep is simple as is.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT TYPE OF PASTA?
I love using and recommend cellentani pasta or any spiral or tube shaped pasta. It tends to “grab hold of” the sauce and works so well in this dish. However, I’ve noticed that store shelves here in Utah are still hit and miss with pasta because of this pandemic. I have been lucky a few times and found the cellentani pasta at Walmart, but if you can’t find any spiral or tube shaped pasta, just use whatever is similar.
Serve this with some garlic bread and a green salad and/or fresh corn on the cob and you’ve got a perfect, simple, delicious meal.Print
- 2 cups dried cellentani pasta
- 1 3.5 ounce package thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 jar (15 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 oz)tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to the package directions Drain and return pasta to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, cut 3/4 of the pepperoni slices in quarters; set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, cook ground beef and onion powder until meat is brown, drain off any grease.
- Stir in the quartered pepperoni slices, the pizza sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, pepper, garlic salt, oregano and salt. Add beef mixture to the cooked, drained pasta in the pot. and stir until pasta is evenly coated. (Do not rinse skillet.)
- Return half of the pasta-beef mixture to the skillet. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the reserved whole pepperoni slices and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven about 20 -25 minutes or until casserole is heated through and cheese and pepperoni are lightly browned.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from BHG Skillet Meals Cookbook