- 2 cups dried cellentani pasta
- 1 3.5 ounce package thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 jar (15 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 can (8 oz)tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to the package directions Drain and return pasta to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, cut 3/4 of the pepperoni slices in quarters; set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, cook ground beef and onion powder until meat is brown, drain off any grease.
- Stir in the quartered pepperoni slices, the pizza sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, pepper, garlic salt, oregano and salt. Add beef mixture to the cooked, drained pasta in the pot. and stir until pasta is evenly coated. (Do not rinse skillet.)
- Return half of the pasta-beef mixture to the skillet. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the reserved whole pepperoni slices and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven about 20 -25 minutes or until casserole is heated through and cheese and pepperoni are lightly browned.
- Category: Pasta