These Perfect Pumpkin Muffins are exactly that . . . perfect! Dense, moist and full of flavor. You are going to want these year-round.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners (or you can spray with cooking spray instead).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until well combined. Add the pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix! Divide the batter evenly among the muffin wells (they will be at least 3/4 full).
- Bake until the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the center one comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan. (If you greased the pan, run a thin knife around each muffin to loosen it from the pan first if needed.) Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Muffins
- Cuisine: American