Pleeease, whatever you do, don’t try and substitute canned pineapple for the fresh. The fresh pineapple is what takes this salsa completely to the next level. I left my pineapple pieces a little on the bigger side, but feel free to chop them as small as you’d like.
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes (, chopped (about 10 to 12))
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 3 medium avocados (, diced)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion (, such as Vidalia)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 finely chopped jalapeno ((or more depending on how hot you want it.))
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, pineapple, avocados, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.
- Serve tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers/Dips