Dark Chocolate & white chocolate swirled together with pistachios and tart dried cherries. . .this Pistachio & Cherry Bark is the perfect combination of sweet, salty and tartness. It’s amazing!
This Pistachio & Cherry Bark may very well be one of my most favorite things I made for this year’s 12 Days of Sugar.
If you’ve never made bark before, don’t fret. It’s honestly some of the easiest candy you’ll ever make.
Besides the fact that it’s super easy to make, it’s also incredibly versatile. You can use any kind of chocolate and throw in anything you want. . . nuts, dried fruit, chopped candy bar, crushed candy cane, etc. The possibilities are endless! It’s a chance for you to let your inner genius/creative side shine through.The combination of the dark & white chocolate, the crunch and saltiness of the pistachios and finally the tartness of the cherries. . . holy moly it’s seriously spectacular.
I made the grave mistake of sending the majority of this with my husband to his office. Definitely a major faux pas on my part. They enjoyed a tupperware container full of it, while I left myself only two or three pieces in a little Ziploc bag. Stupid, stupid, stupid!
They loved it and I wanted to shed a few tears when my last piece was gone. If you’re feeling sorry for me, you don’t need to because I’m actually making more today. If you live by me, you should really stop by and have some. I’m a great sharer as everyone at my husband’s office can attest to.Print
- 1 lb. semisweet chocolate
- 8 oz. white chocolate
- 12 oz. pistachio nuts
- 8 oz. dried tart cherries
- Put semisweet chocolate in microwave-safe large bowl. Heat in microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. If needed, cook in 15 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Place white chocolate in microwave-safe medium bowl. Heat white chocolate in microwave 1 to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Again, if needed, cook in 15 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Stir 1 cup of the pistachios and 1 cup of the cherries into semisweet chocolate. On large cookie sheet lined with a silpat liner or parchment paper. Spread chocolate mixture to about 1/4-inch thickness (it doesn’t need to be perfectly shaped). Spoon dollops of white chocolate onto semisweet-chocolate mixture. Using a knife swirl chocolates together for marbled look. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios and cherries, very gently press down.
- Refrigerate bark 1 hour or until firm. Break bark into pieces. Store in tightly sealed container in cool place (or refrigerator) up to 1 month.
When you’re spread this, it doesn’t need to be perfectly shaped. Just use a spatula and spread it to 1/4″ thickness. You break it into pieces, so it ends up having “rough” edges, so no need to make it look perfect.
This makes about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds of bark. If you don’t need/want that much, you can easily half this recipe.
Recipe Source: GoodHousekeeping