Polar Bear Paws Candy are a delicious combination of caramel and salted peanuts dipped in white chocolate. They’re so simple to make and are crazy delicious.
Sheesh, how did we get to be on Day 10 of this sugar craze? Only two more to go after this and I’m feeling a little bit sad about that.
These Polar Bear Paws are a copycat of the ones from See’s Candies and they are so, so good. But I have to be totally honest here, I’ve never actually had one from See’s Candies . . . I know, shocking!
I know the holidays are busy and a lot of you feel like you just don’t have the time to make homemade candy, but these Polar Bear Paws couldn’t be easier to make, I promise. By using store bought caramels, these rank right up there with one of the easiest candies I’ve ever made.Now of course, they would be even more delicious better homemade caramel, but even using store bought caramels, these are absolutely delicious!I I am planning on making a batch of these with my homemade caramels and I can’t wait.
The sweet and salty combo of the peanuts paired with the soft caramel and white chocolate, these make a perfect holiday treat. These are a great thing to consider for gift-giving, or you could just keep them all for yourself.
You can make these as big or small as you want.Print
- 1 (11 ounce) bag Kraft Caramel Bits or squares
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup peanuts salted & roasted and/or cocktail
- 12 ounces vanilla almond bark or white melting wafers
- Melt caramels with butter and cream in the microwave in 45 second increments, stirring, and repeating until smooth. Mix in the peanuts and then let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop heaping tablespoonful mounds of the caramel peanut mixture onto the lined baking sheet (make sure you leave space in between). Once they’re all made, place the baking sheet in the freezer until the caramel mounds are solid, about 10 to 15 minutes. (You can also place them in the fridge for about 60 minutes).
- Place white chocolate (or almond bark) in a bowl and melt in the microwave on low in 30 second increments and stir until melted and smooth. Dip caramel cluster in the chocolate and use a fork to remove it. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to let any excess chocolate drip back down. Use a knife (or a toothpick works too) to slide the cluster off the fork and put on the parchment lined pan. Repeat with remaining clusters.
- Put the pan back in the fridge for 30-60 minutes until chocolate is set.