These Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Coleslaw are one of our favorite meals ever. Done in the slow cooker, and just 3 ingredients, these are seriously the best!
But I love my slow cooker even more on HOT summer days when I don’t want to turn my oven on. This is my is my go-to pulled pork recipe — made of course, in a slow cooker.
My boys absolutely love these pulled pork sandwiches. The root beer just adds a great flavor and makes these sandwiches fabulous!
With only three ingredients, this pulled pork couldn’t be any easier. The coleslaw is optional, but highly recommended! We absolutely love it on these BBQ chicken sandwiches.I’ve made them for big family parties and church functions and they are always a hit. I have been asked for the recipe every time I’ve serve them at any party/open house.
You can use any BBQ sauce you like, but our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s. It’s every bit as good as any homemade BBQ sauce I’ve ever made and saves me so much time. Make sure you have extra to drizzle on top of the sandwiches.
These are seriously delicious and one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make!Print
- 1 pork roast ((2–4 lbs))
- Salt & pepper
- 2–3 cups root beer
- 1 bottle (18 oz) Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. coleslaw
- Season pork with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Pour root beer over pork roast. (Feel free to add more root beer if you’d like. You don’t need to cover the entire roast, but you want at least 1/2 of it covered with root beer).
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or until pork shreds easily.
- Remove pork from crock pot and shred. Discard juices from the crock pot.
- Put pork back into crock pot and pour BBQ sauce over and stir to combine. Add as much BBQ sauce as you want. If you like your meat a little drier, add less, if you like it dripping in BBQ sauce, add more.
- Serve on rolls with an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce and a spoonful of coleslaw (optional, but definitely makes them amazing!)
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar and vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Put coleslaw into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
I use the pork sirloin roasts from Costco that come in the 4-pack.
Updated with new pictures 4/9/18