These Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are one of our favorite meals ever. Done in the slow cooker, and just 3 ingredients, these are seriously the best!
I love my slow cooker and these Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches might be one of my favorite slow cooker meals ever.
But I love my slow cooker even more on HOT summer days when I don’t want to turn my oven on. This is my is my go-to pulled pork recipe — made of course, in a slow cooker.
My boys absolutely love these slow cooker BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. The root beer just adds a great flavor and makes these sandwiches fabulous!
With only three ingredients, this pulled pork couldn’t be any easier.
The coleslaw is optional, but highly recommended! We absolutely love it on these BBQ chicken sandwiches.I’ve made them for big family parties and church functions and they are always a hit. I have been asked for the recipe every time I’ve serve them at any party/open house.
You can use any BBQ sauce you like, but our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s. It’s every bit as good as any homemade BBQ sauce I’ve ever made and saves me so much time. Make sure you have extra to drizzle on top of the sandwiches.
These are seriously delicious and one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make!
Can I freeze this pulled pork?
Yes, you sure can! Once it has cooled, store it in gallon-size freezer Ziploc bags or a sealed container. To reheat, thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat in your slow cooker for a few hours, or in a skillet on the stove over medium low heat, or in the oven, covered at 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.Print
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 to 3 cups root beer, or more if needed
- 1 boneless pork roast, 3 to 4 lbs (*see notes)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bottle (18 oz) Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. coleslaw
- Lightly season the roast on all sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in your slow cooker.
- Pour the root beer over the pork and cook on high 5 to 6 hours or on low 7-8 hours, or until roast shreds easily. You want enough root beer so it comes up at least halfway on the pork. The meat doesn’t need to be fully covered with the root beer.
- Remove the roast and shred using 2 forks. Drain the liquid from your slow cooker and then return the meat to the slow cooker. (*If you want to save some of the liquid, you can and use it to moisten the pork. I don’t usually end up doing this.)
- Add about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of barbecue sauce to start and toss gently. Use more or less BBQ sauce depending on how “saucy” you want your pork.
- Turn slow cooker to low or warm and let meat heat back up for 20 to 30 mins.
- Serve on rolls with an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce and a spoonful of coleslaw (optional, but definitely makes them amazing!)
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar and vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Put coleslaw into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- I’ve made this pulled pork using the boneless pork sirloins roasts from Costco and also using boneless pork butt and/or pork shoulder. They all work great.
- Category: Pork
Updated with new pictures 4/9/18
Melody Stauffer says
Hi Jody – where did you get your rolls from and how many does the recipe serve?