These Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are one of our favorite meals ever. Done in the slow cooker, and just 3 ingredients, these are seriously the best!
I love my slow cooker and these Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches might be one of my favorite slow cooker meals ever.
But I love my slow cooker even more on HOT summer days when I don’t want to turn my oven on. This is my is my go-to pulled pork recipe — made of course, in a slow cooker.
My boys absolutely love these BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. The root beer just adds a great flavor and makes these sandwiches fabulous!
With only three ingredients, this pulled pork couldn’t be any easier. The coleslaw is optional, but highly recommended! We absolutely love it on these BBQ chicken sandwiches.I’ve made them for big family parties and church functions and they are always a hit. I have been asked for the recipe every time I’ve serve them at any party/open house.
You can use any BBQ sauce you like, but our favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s. It’s every bit as good as any homemade BBQ sauce I’ve ever made and saves me so much time. Make sure you have extra to drizzle on top of the sandwiches.
These are seriously delicious and one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make!
Can I free this pulled pork?
Yes, you sure can! Once it has cooled, store it in gallon-size freezer Ziploc bags or a sealed container. To reheat, thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat in your slow cooker for a few hours, or in a skillet on the stove over medium low heat, or in the oven, covered at 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 1 pork roast (3–4 lbs)
- Salt & pepper
- 2–3 cups root beer
- 1 bottle (18 oz) Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. coleslaw
- Cut the pork roast into large large pieces . Season the pork on all sides with salt and pepper and place in your slow cooker.
- Pour root beer over pork roast.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours, or until pork shreds easily.
- Remove pork from crock pot and shred. Discard juices from the crock pot.
- Put pork back into crock pot and pour BBQ sauce over and stir to combine. Add as much BBQ sauce as you want. If you like your meat a little drier, add less, if you like it dripping in BBQ sauce, add more.
- Serve on rolls with an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce and a spoonful of coleslaw (optional, but definitely makes them amazing!)
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar and vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Put coleslaw into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
I use the pork sirloin roasts from Costco that come in the 4-pack.
- Category: Pork
Updated with new pictures 4/9/18