- 1 pork roast (3–4 lbs)
- Salt & pepper
- 2–3 cups root beer
- 1 bottle (18 oz) Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. coleslaw
- Cut the pork roast into large large pieces . Season the pork on all sides with salt and pepper and place in your slow cooker.
- Pour root beer over pork roast.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours, or until pork shreds easily.
- Remove pork from crock pot and shred. Discard juices from the crock pot.
- Put pork back into crock pot and pour BBQ sauce over and stir to combine. Add as much BBQ sauce as you want. If you like your meat a little drier, add less, if you like it dripping in BBQ sauce, add more.
- Serve on rolls with an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce and a spoonful of coleslaw (optional, but definitely makes them amazing!)
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar and vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Put coleslaw into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
I use the pork sirloin roasts from Costco that come in the 4-pack.
- Category: Pork